Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, April 5, 2010

March 31, 2010

Oi!!
Well just to let you know my pday is wednesday and that´s the only day i can check my email. Well everything is going pretty good i guess, but the language is kicking me in the behind. I had to teach my first lesson yesterday in portuguese to my teacher and i was on the verge of crying cuz i didn´t know what to say. I said some stuff in portuguese, but it´s hard to know exactly what to say and especially when you don´t know a whole lot of words. But hopefully it gets better, just keep me in your prayers please! Well i really like my district it´s me and 10 other elders haha but they´re awesome, i love em all. And i really like my teachers. That´s crazy with all the connections to President and Sister Clark. I actually think Tyler casper told me that awhile back. Small world. Well i love it here in Brasil (i´ve noticed that dad is the only one that spells BraSil right) haha it´s spelt with an "s" not a "z" but anyways, it is absolutely gorgeous here and Sao Paulo is HUGE. I would get so lost here. And the CTM is right in the middle of everything, it´s not even what i imagined and it´s really small compared to provo. I went to the sao paulo temple today, it´s so pretty! I wanted to take pictures but we´re not allowed to. They have a distribution center here too. As far as the weather goes...love it! It´s rained here a ton already and when it rains, it pours! It´s awesome, and the heat isn´t too bad now im used to it. But when i first stepped off the plane i thought I was going to die. And i wasn´t even in Fortaleza and it´s gonna be 10 times hotter!!! Um for emails you can all right your own, but depending on my time i might not be able to email everyone so the letter i send to you or dad, just let everyone read it cuz i don´t wanna have to rewrite everything again. Plus i don´t have enough time. The food is pretty good here, but some of the time we´re not sure what it is really....so we don´t ask and just eat it haha. THe bread here though, oh my heavens it is soooo good. I could honestly live off of that, but i´d put quite a few pounds on if i did that. for gym we play volleyball and it is so fun! The first time i played was with some brasilian elders and they were saying i was a pro haha but they were really good too! Sounds like it´s gonna be a busy week on the farm, too bad im not there to help haha chandler gonna have to pick up the slack ;) well everyone i gotta go my time is just about up. Boys just a little advice...read your scriptures!!! And it would help as a family to study Preach My Gospel. You boys are gonna have to know that REALLY well and it would be a plus if you know it before you come on your mission, especially if you have to learn a language. Well i gotta go, sorry i can´t write more but my time is up. Love you guys!

love, ariana

p.s. chandler, can you do without that white wall charger for your ipod? since you have my laptop you can charge it that way. if you can, have mom send it to me if she ever sends a package. I don´t need it right away, but sometime. Or you could send garretts black one that way you can use the white one for both of you cuz it has 2 plug ins. I don´t need the cord though, i have mine...i think lol

p.s.s. it would be nice to get letters in the mail too during the week, it would give me a boost :) cuz i only get to check this once a week.

and can you give clyde´s my address, i don´t think i gave it to them. thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment