Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April 28, 2010

Hey everybody!How´s evrything going?! Sounds like you´re all staying busy on the farm putting in circles and all the wiring. Keep up the hard work boys and keep helping mom and dad out! That´s so awesome that you called into the relief society presidency! You will do great! I always loved listening to you give lessons in RS. You always had great stories to share with the lessons. You will do a fantastic job on your first lesson as a second counselor :) Chandler is going to PROM?!?!? WHat?! that is so cool! YOu´ll have to send me pictures....he didn´t even email me to tell me the news. HOw did he ask her? That´ll be fun. And i hope he does well playing the piano for the choir, you´ll do great bud you always do! Good luck :) Garrett, sounds like you´re quite the hitter! THat´s awesome you got a Triple!! And it was against othello?! Nice job dude, wish i could be there to see you play, but i´ll be there when you´re in high school and you´ll be 10 times better!! :) Joey...you´re so cute!!! haha i miss saying that to you bud. Sounds like you´re doing really good in baseball too! Keep up the great pitching, i hear you strike out a lot of guys! That´s my boy! And the high school baseball team qualified for districts?? wow, didn´t see that one coming, but good job chandler! HOpefully you guys get a little farther this year than you did last year. Do you think you have any chances? Well I got to shake Elder Russell M. Nelson´s hand and he spoke to all of us missionaries here at the CTM. It was the neatest experience! although when i played called to serve, i totally messed up, i was so stinkin nervous! My hands have never shook so much in my life!!! But the talk he gave was awesome. He talked about missioary work and what we need to be teaching. And he made a great quote, he said, "The Lord uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible." I thought that was so cool because it made me think that the Lord is using me in a way that someone else maybe couldn´t have done it. I sometimes wonder why i was called to Brasil, but as i keep thinking about it, it just makes me that much more excited to get out to the field and start serving to see the people im going to be serving and the lives that will change because of this gospel. We went proselyting last friday and i just have to say that was one of the best experiences i´ve ever had! OUr district went out around town and i went with two other elders so i wasn´t by myself. The first two ladies we contact seemed really interested, but didn´t take a BoM. I thought for sure they would, we were kind of bummed when they said no, but we kept going. Then about 10 minutes later we´re walking down another street and we see the same two ladies again. They waved at us and we waved back. And then we hear, "sister! elders!" we turn around and it´s the lady we talked to. We went back to talk to her and she said she changed her mind and wanted the BoM. We were so excited! SO we told her a little more about it and how it can bless her and family and to read and pray about it. She was really excited and so were we!! We each got 2 BoM and we all got to give them out. The last one i gave out was really neat. The entire time i was praying that we would find people to give them to and the last one i had to give away we had already been everywhere and i was thinking of where we should go. We were walking through the park and i see these two ladies sitting on a bench adn i said, "i want to go talk to them" So we head over there and we noticed that they had kids too! It was perfect! I started talking to them and told them about the BoM and how it has blessed my life as well as my family´s. They seemed pretty touched and i just bore my testimony that if they read it their lives will be blessed greatly adn that it helps families so mcuh. It was one of the greatest experiences i had and i love it! We go once more before we leave. I have less than 3 weeks here, can you believe it?! i can´t! It has gone by so fast. oh, and i got this worked out now. There´s a bakery across the street and we can print off our emails there so i do that and read my emails that way and then email you so i don´t waste my 30 minutes reading and i can already know what i want to type :) But i have 2 minutes left so i better go. Keep up with everything and sorry jen, chad and trevor i didn´t get an email out to you. BUt i will next week. I wanted to get as much as i could to the email that gets sent out to everyone. I love you all!

love, sister ariana salisbury

No comments:

Post a Comment