Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pictures

Hey! haha mom you crack me up! I just misspelled "the" and i didn´t correct it. Everything is going great and this week is gonna be tight! We´re going proselyting this friday and Elder Russell M. Nelson is coming to the CTM to speak to us! I got asked to play the piano for the opening and closing song so that´ll be cool. And we´re also singing in the choir, we´re singing 3 songs. It´s gonna be amazing! I´ve played the piano already for one of the firesides and once for the choir. SO that´s fun :) And yes, i got a letter from Brett a couple weeks ago i think it was and i got the letter from you and joseph. THanks so much! Oh last week was so much fun on P-Day, we went to this brasilian buffet place with one of our teachers and it was amazing! THey had fried bananas which were delicious and all these different types of meats. And i had Frango coroçao (chicken heart) it was SOOO good! I have a new roommate, sister andrews from moses lake! And she knows the bergesons, madie, brian, tanae, the whole family! Crazy huh?! I´ve also met some elders from the tri-cities, i remember one from cbc. THere´s an elder stock and an elder mitchell. THere´s quite a few others from tri-cities too and some from spokane and yakima. It´s been so much fun and this week has been a lot better! THe language is starting to come a little easier now and i can understand it and carry on a conversation a little better. We had our zone leader come in talk to us about pronunciation. This was back a couple weeks ago, but he was saying that portugues is so much easier to learn over having to go from portugues to english and he wrote this word and the board and asked us how to say it...Ghoti....we pronounced it the way it looks. But he said it´s pronounced "fish". Gh as in rouGH, o as in wOmen, ti as is naTIon. IF that makes any sense, but it was pretty crazy the stuff that he taught us. Anyways, thanks so much for all you love and support. I love you guys so much! I´m gonna try to attach some pics so hopefully you get them. I´m so grateful for this gospel and the blessings that we can receive. And the Book of Mormon is such a blessing to us. We can learn so much from it, i´ve started reading it again and i want to finish before i leave the CTM. I´m only in mosiah, but im gonna make it! Well i gotta get going, the church is true!

love sister ariana salisbury

alright so the pics....some are from provo and the others are here in brasil. I think you can tell which ones are which. Oh and the one of me eating is me eating chicken heart :) And the one with me and the elders at the table is at the brasilian buffet place i was telling you about. And the one at the buffet with me and two elders, their names are Elder Perez and Elder Bills...we´re great buddies :) haha But the whole district is awesome, we all get along really well.







No comments:

Post a Comment