Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6, 2011

Hey everyone!

Well, this week we had zone conference. It was really emotional because it was our last one with President and Sister Batt. It was also my last one. I had to bare my testimony since I´ll be leaving in August. Everyone that will be going up until the transfer in august had to bare their testimony. I told my self I wasn´t going to cry, I got teary-eyed but i held it in! I can´t believe that it´s coming to an end. I try not to think about it too much, but now me, sister Gonzaga and sister corrêa are trying to plan to go buy things and what we´re going to get and it´s hard not to think that i´ll be home soon. It seriously passes by so fast! It feels like yesterday that Aunt Launa was dropping me off at the MTC. I am so grateful for all the companions that I´ve had though and all that I´ve learned from them, my leaders, President and Sister Batt...they are the most amazing people ever! I will truly miss them.

This past week I also went to the policia federal to renew my visa. I was the 1st estrangeiro!!!!! haha The first foreigner to go through for the day :) We saw lots of people from south africa, it was way cool. They were speaking english but they have a crazy accent.
Ok, so zone conference was really neat. All of the missionaries got to the chapel early and we were all up on the stand so when president and sister batt came into the chapel we started singing the cong, "Each life that touches ours for good" It was so neat. They just sat at the back on the bench and they were so touched, and president even cried!!! Then for a speical musical number, the four sisters that i live with sang and i played for them. Sister Gonzaga sang a solo, "Together Forever" and then at the end the other sisters came in and sang with her, "I know that my Redeemer lives" It was so amazing!!!! This conference was so special and you could feel the spirit so much! (Dad you would absolutely love Sister Gonazaga!!!) I want you guys to meet her so much!!!! But she´s thinking about going to BYU. When she goes home her parents won´t be there, they´re just about to leave to go to the MTC in PRovo, Her dad is going to be a mission president here in Brazil. But im almost positive that sister gonzaga will make her way to the states. She´s absolutely amazing and i have so much love and respect for her. She is an amazing woman!!!!

we had a baptism on saturday. It wasn´t really mine though. THe other two sisters from the other ward, finished teaching this man that sister gonzaga had started to teach but then she got transferred. Its a miracle though that he was baptized. He´s married to a member and he never believed in God or Christ. The change that happened in that man´s life was an absolute miracle! You can really see the light in his eyes. The baptism was so great and i was so happy to see his family all together!
Um, well not much else has happened. We started up an english class, we´re going to have an activity this friday that the members are planning and one of the members asked if i would teach a cheer dance or some type of dance for them, so that will be fun :)
Well, hope all is well with you guys and have a great summer!!!! I love you alll!!!!!

love, sister salisbury

Oh and i almost forgot! Yesterday we had lunch at the second counselor´s(of the bishopric) house here in José Walter and guess who baptized him!!!!! Sevryn Bergeson!!!! Let Sevryn know that Chiko Antonio and his family sends him hugs, love and all the best!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment