Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, June 20, 2011

June 20, 2011

Hey Everyone!!!

Happy Father´s Day to Dad, and all my brothers, chad, brian, uncles, grandpa cook and grandpa salisbury!!!!! Hope it was a good one! :) Dad you got my father´s day letter right?! I think you or mom may have mentioned it. Well, this is President Batt´s last week. He´ll leave next tuesday. I can´t believe. He´s made a couple visits to us this past week. We went out to pizza with him and sister batt and one of the families here that was recently baptized. And then last night President came out to our area again. He gave us a ride home from the church. We stayed outside talking with him forever. None of us wanted to go inside. It might have been the last time we see him, but we´re begging him to come out once more. While we were waiting for him to come outside out at the church we were just crying because we figured that would be the last time. He has been such a great president. All us missionaries wrote our last letter to president batt today. He´ll be going home and then before I know it that´ll be me! As soon as the new president gets here I´ll ask him about my release date and let you know as soon as possible. And I will talk to the secretary and tell him to fl me into Pasco

Oh and mom, can you start scheduling my doctor appointments. I thought I´d never ever say this in my entire life, but I WANT to go to the dentist. Be sure to get me scheduled :) Trying to think if anything else happened this week....we all went shopping today and I think im done buying gifts!!! Thank goodness!!!! Oh and you know the boy i told you we baptized last week, Diogo, his brother Victor I believe was taught and Baptized by elder mcgary and his companion. I don´t really know him, but he had glasses and reddish hair in the picture that I saw. Is that the same mcgary?? not sure.

Um...OH! We had Festa Junina this past week. It´s a traditional northeast festa that they celebrate. Our ward put it on and it was so much fun. All the kids have been practicing for weeks. They do square dancing and they all get dressed up in these festive dresses and outfits. It was so neat!

And I have to tell you about some the neatest members ever!!!! I feel like I never left home. Irmã Fatima and her husband Ronaldo are our neighbors. They have two girls that are so much fun, Nitchelly and Natasha. They´re like sisters to us. Nitchelly is married to Paulino and they have two little girls, Aisly and Aisha. Natasha is married to Lorival and they have 3 girls, Jade, Julie and Jude. Each one of these little girls loves us just as much as we love them. Every morning and night they stop by our house for us to give them hugs and kisses. They are adorable!!! And they know that they can´t come in our house so they wait by the door until we all come out. I want to bring them all home with me. THey´re like my nieces away from home. I will miss them all so so much!!!! And nitchelly and natasha are like my sisters. I have a feeling it´s going to be a lot harder to leave here than I thought it was going to be.
Well, I hope all goes well at the family reunion this next week. Say hi to everyone and give them all hugs for me! I love and miss you all!!!! Tchau!!
Love, Sister Ariana Salisbury

No comments:

Post a Comment