Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, June 27, 2011

June 27, 2011

Hey!!!!
So this week is the family reunion huh?! Hope you guys have fun!!!!
Well, yesterday I had the opportunity to visit one my areas, Metrópole. I went to both the wards there and sat in on both of their sacrament meetings. It was so good to see everyone and the people I had taught. Haha and just like old times, I played the piano for them in the meeting. Towards the end of the meeting bishop sent me a note and asking me if I would share my testimony. So after the speakers he invited me up to bare my testimony. It was so hard, I really felt that I´m coming to the end of my mission and this is it. I won´t see any of them for awhile. I hope I´ll be able to visit my other areas. I´m pretty sure I´ll visit Baturité , but Monte Castelo, I don´t know. It was so neat though to see the members in Metrópole. It´s changed though, thats what´s hard, you leave and the people keep living their lives. On the way back I was talking to Sister Gonzaga and I said, "It´s going to be the same thing when we go back home, we left and things kept going on, people kept living their lives and everything will be different." That´s going to be the shock for me....but that´s life i guess.
Yesterday we also had a baptism for Francinildo. He´s an investigator we´ve been teaching for awhile now. We´re teaching his family, his wife is going to be baptized but she has to stop smoking first. They have 4 kids and they are the neatest family. I love them so much!!! President Batt came out once more the other day, it was the last time we saw him. He leaves tomorrow!!! He also gave me a blessing. It was so neat and it was just what I needed. Lots of things have been going on and dad I know you were inspired by the Spirit to ask President Batt to give me a blessing. Even though we´re miles away,in two different countries,you are still inspired by the spirit to know exactly what your daughter is needing. THank you so much!!! I love you!

Sister Gonzaga´s parents were in at the MTC this past week in Provo. They´re heading to their mission in Maceió (Brazil) tomorrow i think. And Sister Souza sends hugs and kisses for you guys! She is so sweet!!!! I love her so much! I´m going to miss these girls so much, they have made such an impact on my life! And Sister Souza is teaching me ballet :)
Alright, well not much else has happened this past week. I´m making my way through the Book of Mormon again and I´m loving every minute of it! I love it so much, because everytime you read it you find something that you didn´t catch before or you understand something a different way, ah I wish I had been more passionate about reading it growing up. I guess it kind of comes with your mind set though. Chandler, Garrett and Joseph.....READ THE BOOK OF MORMON!!!!!!!! Mark the things that interest you, that catch your attention and as you read it, think of it as a story book, it´s so interesting. It has so much information and different "characters"....it´s just AMAZING!!!!! And the thing is, ALL of it is TRUE!!! I can´t wait to come home and read it with the family!!!! :)
Well, I hope all is well and you guys have a fun week!!!! I love you all!!!
Love, Sister Salisbury

No comments:

Post a Comment