Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23, 2011

WOW WHAT A WEEK!!!!!!!!!
This week was probably one of the best and saddest weeks of the mission. I´m not sure if you all can understand the love these people have for us. So, like you know, we teach piano and english twice a week. Well, they knew transfers were coming up and they didn´t want me or Sister Bowden to leave. So we´re at the church saturday night at class teaching. One of the girls, Silvinha, who is the most amazing person ever, wasn´t there, which was really strange. Anyways, we´re getting things packed up and ready to leave and she shows up, but we were all leaving. We come out of the room and they tell us to come into another room. We walk in and we see a tv hooked up with a table of food and dessert. We couldn´t believe it. They did this all for us and this isn´t even the best part. They made a DVD of all the pictures of us at class and what not and Silvinha had recorded everyone saying something about us. It was the most amazing thing that anyone has ever done. These people in Aracati are so incredible and have so much love for us. Everyone was bawling....and I have to tell you, these aren´t like married adults or anything, these are kids from ages 6-19...well and silvinha is 27, but still. They did all of this for us!!!!! Then me and Sister Bowden got up after the slide show was over and said a little something. It was a really neat farewell party. Although, as of that moment, we still didn´t know who was getting transferred. But after the phone call from the elders later that night, I wouldn´t have asked for anything better than to end my time in Aracati with that farewell party.
I am now in José Walter with......4 COMPANIONS!!!! I will be working with two companionships. Sister Gonzaga(3rd time with her) and Sister Black (related to the blacks in Pasco) and Sister Corrêa (2nd time with her) and Sister Souza. I had interviews with President Batt today and he said the reason he´s doing it this way is because we can have divisions and he wants the newer sisters to get to know the area. So I´m not with just one companionship, we´ll be mixing it up a lot I think. It was cool though, in the interview President Batt told me something that made me feel good. He said that Sister Gonzaga, Me, and Sister Corrêa are three of the best sisters he´s ever had here on the mission. So that was neat. It was really, really, really, REALLY hard to say goodbye to Sister Bowden and to Aracati. I had to give a talk yesterday in church, it went well i think, but it was really hard to focus and to not think about having to say goodbye to all these people. Daniel, a really good member friend that comes to our classes, called me up during the break of the two wards that meet at the church building (his ward meets at a school a ways a away) and said that he already misses me and that he´s learned a lot from me and Sister Bowden. He was crying, I was crying.....everyone was crying!!!! But you know, change is always good. We don´t always know why things have to change, but I guess it will be good. And I´m excited to work with these sisters now :)
Oh and this past week we went to a museum in Aracati. Aracati is a really old city and it has a lot of historical stuff (you would like it dad) :) I got some great pictures, I can´t wait to show them all to you!!!
Yesterday we also had a couple of baptisms. João Vitor and Carlos. It was so neat and they were both so HAPPY!!!! Carlos had started coming to our classes awhile back and we had come to find out that he had been baptized, but never confirmed! We talked to hime and he had become inactive so we taught him and prepared him for baptism and this sunday he´ll finally be confrmed o membro da igreja. João Vitor too, was so happy to finally be baptized! He´s been going to seminary every night and he´s actually the one who had gotten up in sacrament meeting last fast and testimony meeting and bore his testimony. So cool!!!
Well, I hope everything is going good and you all have a good week. Oh and this transfer is actually going to be 7 weeks and my last one will be 5 weeks!!!! Crazy huh?! It´s coming up FAST!!!!! Have a good day and I love you all!!!!

Love, Sister Salisbury
P.S. I just fell asleep at the computer haha. I am exhausted!!! I didn´t sleep at all last night :( and now im going to take a little nap!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment