Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, May 16, 2011

May 16, 2011

Hey how is everyone?!?!
Well this week was great! I forgot to tell you about an activity we did at the church 2 saturdays ago. It was so much fun! Me and Sister Bowden filled up 150 water balloons and made snickerdoodles and played water games at the church. I also gave a short message at the beginning on mothers, since it was mothers day the next day. It was mostly youth that came, but we all had a blast!!! We also had a baptism yesterday. We´ve been teaching this family, but only one of the kids was ready to be baptized. He´s 10 years old and his name is Marcelo. He is so cute! He calls us "Tia" which means aunt, but many kids use it as a sign of respect here. It´s better than being called "Senhora" which means ma'am, ms, etc....but he is so cute! And when he came up out of the water he had the BIGGEST smile on his face. He was so happy! I wish i had a picture of it, but i will always remember that look he had when he came up out of the water. So neat!!!

This is our last week of this transfer can you believe it?!?!? Me and B have been together for 3 transfers already! It goes by so fast. We would like one more together, but I called President Batt to talk to him and he said that we´re starting to get more sisters and he may have to split us up. I have a feeling that I may be leaving and B will stay here and become a senior. I´m not sure where i would be going, but we´re losing 2 sisters and they´re both in Baturité. I think President might send me back out there, but Im not completely sure, its just what im kind of feeling. And then yesterday after the baptism, the branch president came up and asked if i would give a talk this next sunday. And as soon as he said that i felt that im going to be leaving and this will kind of be my farewell talk from this area :( if i do leave im going to be really sad. I have made so many good friends here, the people are so loving and caring and do so much for us! I will truly miss them!

That´s too bad about baseball. Hopefully everything goes good for them next year with the coaches and all. Good luck today Joey in your game!!!! Hope you win and eat some sunflower seeds for me!! :) And that´s awesome about TD, everyone is getting called to Brazil! Crazy! As far as the release date, I talked to president and he said i would be able to go home the week of august 17th. There is a transfer august 15th or 16th so i think i would be going home then. We´re going to talk more in interviews which will be in a couple weeks and he said that i will need to talk with the new president too, but he said it will be fine. They will work everything out. If for any reason i need to be home a little sooner they can work it out.
I got the easter package and the pictures and whatnot!!!! I absolutely loved it!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!! I was a little sad about the cadbury egg, it got destroyed, but everything else was great!!!!!

Well i hope you guys have a good week!!!! Love you!
Love, Sister salisbury

ps. can you send me shirt sizes of everyone??? I need to start buying stuff and we found a really COOL store!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment