Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, January 3, 2011

Jan. 3, 2011

Hey!

Well, first off I guess I´ll forgive you guys for not getting an email to me sooner. I was on quite early. We ended up coming earlier to use the internet because we wanted to get everything done in the morning. I enjoyed reading all your emails though. Sounds like New Years was fun! We had a little party here too. Friday we had a new addition to our apartment, sister Pujol. One of the sisters went home so her comp came and is now working with Sister Gonzaga. So it´s just me and sister Corrêa working together now, for the time being. Next week we´ll be back to a trio because Sister Pujol is going home as well. Which makes things more interesting, but I´ll tell you later on. So New Years...we had to be back to our house by 6pm because the streets were full of people drinking in bars and not safe for missionaries to be out. So we got back to the house and had a special dinner, we had drawn names and got little gifts for our "secret friend" I made a batch of brownies that you had sent me and had ice cream, then at midnight we watched the fireworks from our front window. There was a big show at the beach and we were able to watch it from our apartment.

Oh GOOD NEWS!!! I got all my packages from you guys!!!! I loved them! Thank you so much! I think I have candy to last me the rest of my mission :) So much for new year resolutions! ;)

I sent some pictures in another email, hope they got through. They´re of me and my comp, sister gonzaga and sister pujol, and a few from the baptism of Vivi. She is such a doll...literally! When I first saw her I thought she was 3 or 4 and then my comp told me that we´re going to start teaching her and when she turns 8 she´ll be baptized. i couldn´t believe it!
Well, I better get going my time is up. Hope you guys have a good week, and have fun in school, work, sports and all that good stuff! I love you guys!!!!
Love, sister salisbury

No comments:

Post a Comment