Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, January 10, 2011

Jan. 10, 2011

"The rains came down and the floods came up"


How´s it going?! Well, it rained all night last night, and it´s still raining! We´re here at the grocery store using the internet and we had to take a taxi. Everything is flooded. We pull into the parking lot underneath the store and people are walking through a lake. It´s ridiculous! Other than that everything is good. Although I was actually sick on saturday, everyone is getting sick. Sis. Gonzaga and Pujol were sick the day before and stayed home. THen me and Sis. Pujol stayed home on saturday. I was sick to the stomach and my whole body was weak. There´s a lot of people getting sick. I think it´s because of the climate change. It was super hot and all of a sudden the weather changed. But I went to church yesterday feeling mais ou menos and gave a talk in sacrament meeting with my companion. It went really good, it was on missionary work and my comp talked about serving others. Yesterday afternoon our baptism almost fell through. His name is Igor and he has 15 years. He felt that he wasn´t prepared and felt like he needed to know more.We talked to him and explained some things and told him that we weren´t there to convince him and he had to make his own decision. He was baptized and it was so neat! He was so happy and thanked us so much!
Well, my time is running out. Hope all is well, sounds like you all are keeping busy with work, school and sports. That´s awesome chandler got his patriarchal blessing, i was wondering when he was going to get it. And Garrett started Drivers ED??? He´ll be getting his license when i get home! Crazy! Alright well I have to go, have a good week!!!
I love you guys!!!
Love, Sister Salisbury
ps. I got both the memory cards, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment