Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, November 22, 2010

November 22, 2010 (with pics)

Hey everybody!

Thanks for all the emails that I´m getting! And guess what?! I´m able to send pictures now! I have a cd of pictures and I tried sending them last week, but it wouldn´t work, but now it is so hope you enjoy the pics!

Wow this week was tough....physically, emotionally, and mentally. But it´s over now I´m doing good. We had zone conference this week and it was amazing! I really needed that. And before I forget (because I forgot to write it last week) Happy (late) Anniversary mom and dad!!! Hope you two were able to find some time and go out to eat :)

BRETT IS HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can´t believe it!!!!!! It sounds like he did good on his talk and he´s thinned out a little ;) Oh I´m sure it was so good to see him. Too bad he missed the fotball game. But he´ll get to see the next few. You´ll have to tell me all about it when he comes over to the house. I´m anxious to hear from him since he´s been home.

Alright mom, so Sister Costa. Is she from our ward in Basin City? i don´t remember the last name Costa, what is her first name??

Alright, so we´ve been working with this family; Carlos and Regina and their 4 kids, Clara, Antonio Carlos, Jeovah and Lucas. We taugh them all the lessons and Regina and the kids were crazy to get baptized, but we went there one night to visit and the dad had totally changed. He has a drinking problem and he didn´t want anything to do with the church. So sunday comes around and he wouldn´t let them go to church. So we kept in contact with them throughout the week and we had the elders come saturday to have interviews with them for baptism. He talked with two of the kids, the others had forgotten about it and had already left. So afterwards we talked with the elder and he said that the kids really want to be baptized but the dad won´t let them. It´s really sad. So we went there later that night to talk with the dad. He went crazy on us and said that he´s catholic and he´ll die catholic and if his family has respect for him they won´t be baptized. He said he likes to drink, likes to have fun and he won´t be restrained from doing things....his reasons for not joining andletting his family join. We couldn´t do anything more, we taught them everything, we explained everything for them, bore testimony...both me and my comp were crying. I left the house crying it was so hard to leave like that. I gave Regina a big hug and just held on to her. I felt so bad because here is this mother and 4 kids who know the church is true, have desires to be baptized and they can´t. It was really hard, but the time isn´t right. I know that one day they´ll be members of the church. This experience made me once again realize how hard Satan is working against us, but how much stronger we can be.

Well, I need to wrap this up. HOpe all is well at home and you guys have a good week. Good luck boys in football and congrats joey for the award you got at school!!!! i love you all and can´t wait to talk to you guys at christmas! i love and miss you!!!!

Love,
Sister Salisbury










No comments:

Post a Comment