Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, October 4, 2010

October 4, 2010

Shay had a baby girl and trevor and karin are moving to SLC?!?!!?!?!? Wow, i can´t believe it!!! That is so exciting :) :) :) I´m so happy for everyone right now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well this week was great, we literally witnessed miracles this week. So two of our neighbors are members now, they were baptized last transfer and this past week something happened that we never thought would happen. Two of our neighbors that live above us are really interested in the church. One is 9 yrs old and his cousin is 16. The 16 yr old, wesley, has been going to seminary. We went every day this week! And our other neighbor, who lives with the two that are members now, José, he´s really good friends with wesley and he went to seminary as well. We had tried teaching them last transfer and they were really ignorant about "mormons" but we´re teaching them now! The other night we were heading back to our place for the night and wesley and josé were sitting on the curb. We talked a little bit and then told them good night. Then wesley called my name and told me to come here for a second. He asked me, "can two people be baptized on the same day?" I told him of course! And i was thinking, ´no way´......and then he told me they both want to be baptized! And ever since then they have been awesome as we´re teaching them. And then saturday night we were heading back from general conference and they were sitting on the curb again and wesley was so excited to talk to us, he had bought a little notebook to take notes at conference!!!! It was so awesome! Conference was so neat! It was a little harder to understand this time, but i got what i could out of it. Saturday session, as the congregation was singing Lord, I would follow thee, I felt the spirit so strong. As we were singing i sang the first two verses in english and the last two in portuguese. And when i started singing in portuguese i started to cry. It literally had hit me that i was in another country, speaking a different language and many miles from home, but then i thought...but I´m still among my brothers and sisters. I have such a love for the people of brasil. Especially here in metrópole, i feel at home here...i really feel at home. I have a second mom that lives right down the street from us and my neighbors are so wonderful and i can´t even explain the members to you. I´ve made so many friends here, i think it´s going to be much much harder to leave this area.

Well, an unfortunate event happened last night. We were at a baptism and taking pictures and there was a member taking the picture for me and somehow she deleted ALL of my pictures on the card :( i wanted to start crying. I havebad luck with pictures getting deleted :( but luckfully i had developed a lot of the photos the week before. And get this, i was going to back up all my photos on cd´s today! But i need to be grateful that i have some pictures that i developed and i have another card full of pictures starting back at the CTM, baturité and part of the area here. 3 baptisms were on the card that got deleted, and my comp doesn´t have a camera so she doesn´t have pictures from them...but anyways i´m feeling a little better now, cuz i had developed 2 of the three baptisms that were on the card so im only missing one, but anyways...well we got 3 birthday´s this week, Happy Birthday to HUNTER, BRAYDEN and SHAUN!!!!!!!!!!!! And sorry about the one´s i missed last month. I´m going to try and remember to mention birthday´s in my email´s from now on, but please forgive me if i forget :) Well, hope all is well and you´re all having a good time!!!! Good luck boys in football this week. I pray for you boys every night that you will be watched over and protected and able to play your best :) I love you all!!!!! Have a good week!:)

love,

Sister Ariana Salisbury

No comments:

Post a Comment