Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, September 27, 2010

September 27, 2010

Olá família!

All is well here in metrópole! IT´s warming up really fast here!!! We´re going into summer now and it literally looks like a desert, and the sun is getting more hot each day, don´t worry though, i´m using sun block :) THe other day we were walking down the street and it was completely silent (it was after lunch) no one was in the street, the wind was blowing, the sun blazing hot and you look down the street and you could see the sand blowing in the wind...I felt like i was in a western movie and i was thinking of the music that you hear in a scene like this(not sure you know what i´m talking about, but it makes sense in my head :). I´m used to the heat though, i think working on the farm and being in the sun a lot helped me be more accustomed to the weather here. My comp dies though, she hates the sun and she´ll walk in any shade possible, she runs to get into the shade (and im not exagerating either) it´s quite funny really.

SO i have a few experiences to share about prayer. I have another story about losing keys(goes well with oregon coast story :) So we were grocery shopping and we headed back to the house with all our things. We get there and neither of us has the keys. We were trying to think where they could´ve fallen out. We took everything out of our bags dumped everything out, but no keys. So we left our groceries at our neighbors house and we went to retrace our steps. We stopped at a little bakery to get something to eat because we were starving and during this whole time I was praying like crazy that we´d be able to find the keys. We´re sitting at a little table and i had the thought to look in my bag again. I opened up the frint zipper and looked in a little slot that i didn´t know i had i pulled out some chap stick that had fallen down inside and underneath the chap stick were the keys! I couldn´t believe it! I was so grateful and i said another prayer thanking heavenly father for the prompting and that i found the keys. I´ve found myself praying for many things that i wouldn´t have before. I pray for everything, it´s amazing how the power of prayer works. A couple of weeks ago we had a zone p-day and the elders had told us what church building we were meeting at. We get there and the whole place is locked up. We didn´t have our cell phone, both of us had forgotten our planners which has the elders´ numbers and had no way to find out where they were. ONce again i started praying...within 3 minutes members in a car pull up, has a cell phone, and has the elders number so we could call. WE got a hold of them and the members took us to where the elders were. I know that the Lord answers prayers, and we can pray to our father in whatever situation and he will answer! So last week we were teaching one of our investigators and at the end he wanted me to talk in english, so i gave a little part of the lesson in english. You guys, i couldn´t think of half the words, it was horrible. I started to talk in english and then half the words came out in portuguese it was so weird. I guess this is a good sign!! Well i gotta go, i have more to talk about but im out of time. I love you all and hope all is well!

love,

ariana

No comments:

Post a Comment