Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, October 11, 2010

October 11, 2010

Dear Family,

Wow, this week was absolutely a miraculous week! We had a couple baptisms come up out of nowhere, I still can´t believe it. We had a really good week though and we´ve been working really hard. 2 of ours neighbors were baptized sunday along with a girl, Carol, that lives down the road from us. We had been working with her all of last transfer. We taught her every lesson, watched just about every video that we have about the church (the restoration, by small and simple things, The Joseph Smith Movie, a video about Thomas S. Monson), but she still wasn´t ready to be baptized. She said she had felt the spirit, she read and prayed about everything, but the problem was she had been talking to a friend from another church and Carol was getting really confused with everything. So we just kept telling her to come to church and get involved with seminary. And she´s been coming to seminary a lot, she really enjoys it. Then the day that the elders came to interview our two neighbors we pulled carol out of seminary just to talk with our LZ. After he talked to her he called us in and he told carol to tell us the news....she said, "I´m getting baptized!!!" She was so excited and me and my comp couldn´t believe it!

I absolutely love it here in Metrópole, I will have a really hard time when I get transferred. I´m pretty sure though I´ll be staying this next change. My comp will make 6 months here by the first of november, so she´ll most likely get transferred. She´s only been in two areas, 6 months in the first area and then she´ll have 6 months here...she´s ready to go though, but I´m not! I love the people here, it´s like home to me, the members, the investigators, our neighbors, everyone! It´s a really neat place. Well, i gotta finish this up i don´t got much time left. I hope all is well and i love you all! Hope you guys have a good week!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Sister Salisbury

No comments:

Post a Comment