Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, August 2, 2010

August 2, 2010

Olá Everybody!!! Wow, it´s the last week of the transfer can you believe it?! I´m notsure what´s going to happen. I think I´ll be transferred and so doesSis. Gonzaga. She thinks that because we´ve been together for 2transfers now and I haven´t had experience anywhere else, whereasshe´s been a trainer and had experience in another area already. Butwho knows, I could stay and another sister could come. We will get acall saturday night to know who goes and who stays (kind of soundslike Step Up 2 ;) Well, it´s been a tough transfer, but at the same time I look back atthe experiences we had with the people and the growth me and SisterGonzaga have experienced and think that I´ve grown a lot morespiritually and my faith and patience was definitely tried. But I wasable to overcome the hard times and I know that I can overcome comemany things with the help of the Lord. I´ve been studying lately about the priesthood, ordinances andcovenants. And I was thinking yesterday in church about the covenantswe make each Sunday. We covenant that we will “take upon us the nameof the Son.” And I was thinking about how I put my name tag on everyday and on my name tag is the name of Christ. I wear His name over myheart every day and I related that to taking upon us the name ofChrist. He should always be in our hearts and it´s an absolute honorto serve here in Brasil in the name of our beloved Savior, JesusChrist. Even though those of you at home aren´t wearing a "name tag,"make sure that Christ´s name is written on your hearts...always! I´mso grateful for this gospel and the blessings we receive from ourloving Father in Heaven. We are literally God´s children, that initself is such a blessing. I´ve also been studying about prayer. Wehave a Father in Heaven who loves us and wants us to communicate withHim. But to do that we need to pray to Him. And something I´m going todo more, I´ve made a goal, that after i pray to wait a little bit andlisten. After a prayer we may be able to receive answers orpromptings, but if we don´t take the time to sit and "listen" we´llmiss that opportunity. Well, you guys are probably having a wonderful time at the beach rightnow. You´ll have to let me know how your trip was. And of course,whenever we try to go on a trip somewhere something has to go wrong onthe farm to keep us from leaving on time. Nice to see things are stillthe same at home :) School starts back up in a little bit, are youboys ready?! :) Football will be fun though, make sure dad gives meall the updates!!! And mom don´t worry, the food was cooked. My leg isfine, it hasn´t been giving me any problems. Oh! I got the news letterand your note mom! Thank you. I love getting the newsletters andreading the message from the presidency and everything else that isgoing on in the ward. Every message so far from the RS presidency hasbeen such a help and strength to me. Each message has been just what Ineeded to hear at that specific time. I love receiving them, so keepem comin :) Hope everything is great for you guys and you had a fun time at thecoast! I love you and pray for you all! Love and miss you tons!!! Love, Sister Ariana Salisbury

No comments:

Post a Comment