Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, August 23, 2010

August 23, 2010

Oi Família!!! Wow, this week was great! We had a lot of good experiences and the baptismwas so great that we had. Last week we were working with this 15 year oldnamed Lucas. We marked a baptism date for this past Sunday (yesterday) andthroughout the week he just kept on progressing it was so awesome to see thechange, just within a week! One night we went to get him for seminary so hecould go with a group of member kids and he was all ready to go and beforehe left he asked what they were studying, and the kids said The Book ofMormon and Lucas said wait a minute let me grab my Book of Mormon. Ah it wasso cool! And then the next time we went to see him he asked before westarted the lesson, what do I have to do to become a member of the church?I´ve always wanted to hear that from an investigator! Then yesterday at thebaptism his mom and sister were there and he was as happy as could be. He´sgot great member friends, a great family (which we´re starting to work withnow) and he has a strong testimony. It was a really good week for us. Themembers are great in being involved in the missionary work. The youth arealways giving us names of friends that we can visit. Help from the membersreally are such a help to us missionaries, I love being able to work withthem. My Portuguese is still coming along, I´m able to understand everyonefor the most part and converse with them somewhat J It´s progressing thoughand I´m satisfied with that, I´ve been the most patient than I´ve ever beenbefore. Thank you for all your prayers said in my behalf, I can truly seethe blessings and love from you!Mom I´m so glad my package got to you, I was so worried because I hadn´theard anything from you I´m glad you liked it and I got your package onSaturday! Thanks so much, I was so happy to see the Peanut Butter! That mademy day :) And the shirts are great, thank you and I love the colors they´rereally pretty! Kortneigh is dating Shane?!?! Wow, everyone´s going to bemarried by the time I get home. But that´s exciting! I heard Whitney wasgetting married, I got letters from Shay and the kids the same day I got thepackage and she mentioned they were going to Idaho. Kenzie and Landoncolored pictures for me and wrote me little notes it was so cute. Wow Ican´t believe Garrett is going to be in high school. He´ll have his drivinglicense when I get home, that is SO crazy to think. My little bros aregrowing up. And Joey, man they´re all going to be little studs when I gethome ;) Tell Chandler he´s a little slacker though, he hasn´t written me fora couple weeks. As for what I might need I´ll let you know next week, I´ll think about it.The clothes I brought are fine, they´re working out great...I just wish Iwould have brought more shirts and different colored skirts :) but there´s amember here that is going to make a couple skirts for me so that will benice :) and my shoes are fine as for now, all i wear are the sandals, thereain´t no way I´m wearing shoes it´s too hot. Well I better get going, hopeschool goes great this week for you boys and everything is going good foryou and dad. Dad I´ll write you next week, I need a little more time on hereto write everyone I want! Well i love you all and you´re in my prayers! Love, Sister Ariana Salisbury p.s. did i tell you there is a sister here in my mission from Othello?!Sister Risenmay, she was in my district last transfer :) Oh and this week is Zone conference and all the sisters are going to be atthe same zone conference and my mission pres is getting a hotel for us andwe´re going to stay the night in Fortaleza, just us sisters!!!! He said he´sdoing it so we can get to know all the sisters because at the other zoneconferences we were all split up into different conferences. I´m superexcited!!! :) Love you!!!! Going to play volleyball with the ward members now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment