Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, July 26, 2010

July 26, 2010

Hey mom! And for all those reading this, I got an email from a certainbrother-in-law that loves me dearly. He mentioned that i use "haha"and LOL" too much and i sound like a teenager. I probably do, so I´mgonna do my best to not use them. Mom, don´t worry about the package, you´re right it´s just "stuff" :) Well last night topped off my week!!! It was a good, hard-workingweek, with not too many results, but we´re still truckin along. Sostory for you all, yesterday we were making some visits to someinactive members with the branch president and relief societypresident and we were at our last house and the wife said she wantedus to try something. So we go back into the kitchen and she she opensup a pot of i don´t know what. She piles a lot of what looks to be theinsides of some kind of animal. Loads up the plate and says, "here yago"(but in portuguese of course) my companion knew what it was and shewouldn´t eat it. I asked what it was but she couldn´t think of thename in english. but I wasn´t about to turn down this opportunity totry something "different". So i grabbed a fork and went for it. It wasactually really good, tasted like roast beef(it was very moist). Mycompanion couldn´t believe it, she said if you knew what the animalwas you probably wouldn´t eat it...i told her, well as long as it´scooked i´ll eat it. When we got home i looked it up in the dictionary.In portuguese it´s called a tamanduá (i think) andenglish.......anteater!!!!! I couldn´t believe it, but it was good andi´m not sick...yet. Well i only have a couple minutes left so I gotta wrap this up. Sorryit´s not longer, but oh well. It´s getting closer to the end of thetransfer i can´t believe it. I´m already on week 5!!! I think I mightget transferred, but not completly sure. I love it here in Baturitébut i think I´m ready for a change. Well i love you all and hope youguys are all doing great! I love you!!! love ariana

No comments:

Post a Comment