Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, July 12, 2010

July 12, 2010

Dear Family,
well this week was better, in a way i guess. We worked hard and I´mseeing improvement in the language. So that´s good :) The work is going alright, it´s really tough right now cuz everyone is onvacation, so lots of parties, lots of people gone on trips...so it´s alittle hard with the work we´re trying to accomplish. But we continueon doing the best we can! We´re working with quite a few familiesright now, so this is really good. THere´s 2 real promising ones thatwe hope work out. The people we´re working with are really goodthough, i love it here in baturité. We were working with an elderlycouple, Eunice and Antonio (but we call him Tonico) :) THey are thetwo sweetest people, i love them so much. We went to visit them ontuesday though and we both had the feeling we were gonna have to cutthem. Eunice knows its true, but she´s catholic and doesn´t want tochange "tradition" but tonico, he´s been to church twice and when wetalked with him he said he didn´t like testimony meeting. THat wasreally tough for us, he said he didn´t want to stop or "give up" iswhat he said because he said he knows its true, he´s prayed about it,but it´s not for him right now. Me and sis. gonzaga both were cryingas we were saying goodbye and leaving. I´ve never felt that way beforeabout an investigator, it was really hard. It felt like my heart hadbeen broken. But we still see them every once in awhile as we passtheir house. :)I got my calendars thank you :) haha kirk is home!!!!! ahhhh that´s soexciting, im gonna write him today and get a letter in the mail to himthis week, i still feel so bad i never wrote him on hismission....That´s awesome that joey got the hustle award! Good jobjoe!!!! as for the time when i get on the computer. Today we´re alittle early cuz we have a lot to do. But usually we get on in theafternoon around 3, which is like 11-12ish your time i think. And yeahit´s probably a good thing i didnb´t get the package of candy cuzthen i´d have to work it all off haha although i have to admit, i missamerican candy. They have good stuff here too though. The weather hereis always the same.......HOT. Nothing more nothing less, just HOT!!!!But i´m used to it so its all good :)We just heard that we´re not having zone conference this transfer,which was really disappointing. But we heard that they´re gonna dothem every 3 months, and i think it´s worldwide for all themissions....but im not positive. THat´s just what we heard from anelder.well, i love you guys and appreciate all the love and support you giveme and all the prayers said in my behalf. I´m defintely seeing theblessings! Thank you so much! oh! So guess what?! Yesterday we show up to church and presidentFrança asks me if i´ll give a talk in sacrament meeting?!?!?!? haha icouldn´t say no either, so...i gave a talk lol it was good i think, ihope at least. Not sure if they understood me, but i did it. Andsaturday night, Ancylia, the relief society pres, asked me if i couldgive the lesson in RS. Haha i just laughed when she asked me, but shewas serious! Lol i of course was freaking out, i told my comp that iwouldn´t be able to do this even if they asked me to do it in english.I had one hour to prepare a lesson. Yep, i was defintely freaking out.But my comp helped me and it went well, of course i was praying likecrazy though! But the Lord does answers prayer.I hope you all have a great week!!!! I love you!!! love,
sister ariana salisbury

No comments:

Post a Comment