Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, February 28, 2011

Feb. 28, 2011

Hey everyone!


So transfers were today, I don´t remember if I told you it was only a
5-weeker, but anyways...I´m staying here in Aracatí with Sister Bowden
again. I´m so excited! She´s way cool and we work really good
together!

ALright, so I completely forgot to tell you about something that
happened last week. So we´re at the church , it´s a saturday night,
and we´re in the middle of teaching an english class. One of the
members come in and calls me out to the hall. There was a nurse there
and she asked if we could come over to the hospital( it´s right in
front of the church). There was an american man there neading
treatment and no one could understand him. So we end class early and
head over there. We get there (it´s so ghetto) and we try talking to
the guy. He´s a 75 year old man, Virgel, and supposedly he had fallen
in his house and no one kmew about it for like 10 days. He was without
food and water. I don´t know how much of this story is true, but
anyways. He has bed sores on his back and on his foot because he had
been in the same position forever! It had gotten infected and the
doctors were needing to give him medication and do surgery, but he
wasn´t accepting anything. He wasn´t even eating or drinking. We kept
talking to him and got him to drink some herbal tea. And we explained
to him that he needed to have surgery and take the medicine in order
for him to get better. He had also said that he use to play football
and had to have 5 operations done because he got spinal meningitas
(spelling). Anyways, he wanted us to come back and we got him to
accept the medicine and surgery and told him we´d be back. A couple
days later he looked way better, but he had no strength. He wasn´t
eating anything again. He couldn´t even talk to us he had no strength
and was really tired. WE´re not really sure what will happen, the
doctors are saying he probably won´t last much longer, but we´re
praying for him. The only thing is he has no family here. He has one
friend that has come and gone, but really has no one to help him out.

So this week is carnival! I guess it gets out of control here in my
area. President usually has to take the missionaries out of the area
for it. I´m not sure what will happen, we´ll find out soon though.
We´ll probably stay in Fortaleza though. It starts this friday.

Hey and can you tell Aunt Krista I got the christmas package from her!
I´m going to the post office this week so I´ll be sending her letter
out. I loved it! ANd so did my comps!

And speaking of packages I got the valentine´s package! Thank you so
much!!! I loved it! ANd I hadn´t had conversation hearts in a long
time!

Well, I have to go but I hope you all have a good week. HOpe baseball
goes well for the boys. I love you guys!

Love, Sister Salisbury

No comments:

Post a Comment