Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, February 7, 2011

Feb. 7,2011

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Rochelle, Happy Birthday to you!!!!
I wanted to be a part of singing to her as well :) I sure didn´t forget about her!

Well, Rua Dragão do Mar is a street I walk on about every single day! And the big old river that you saw is the Jaguaribe River. We take a little bus to go there to teach people. It´s the more poor part of our area, but the people are so cool! I love it out there. Right now they´re actually doing construction over the bridge so it takes a little bit longer to get over there. I´m pretty sure I´ve been to that church that you mentioned dad :)
Alright, Jen sent me some pictures from over the past few months and wow! Everyone has changed!!! I couldn´t believe it. The boys are growing up so fast and so are jen and brian´s kids! WOW!
So about the piano and english classes. We do it for service and to get references :) The Bishop got real upbeat about it and went out and got a massive sign to put outside the church about the classes. We´re starting to get so many people and today we were walking down the street and some guy stopped his car and asked us about it and said he wanted to come. Then yesterday we had 3 people come to sacrament meeting who were wanting to join the class. We´re actually going there tonight to teach them! :)
That´s sad to hear about the ones who have passed away recently. I´m sure grandma cook and Lavon are having a ball though together and tearing it up teaching people! I remember when Don and Lavon were my sunday school teachers. It was the year on all the prophets, I still have the binder that we made and all the activities we did in that class. They were both great teachers!
I will try to send some pictures from the area here. I just don´t want to get another virus on my memory card. I almost lost all my pictures when a member tried saving them on cds for me. But don´t worry I´ll find a safe way to do it.
As far as going home goes, I would really like to fly into pasco. But if that doesn´t work out I guess that´s fine. And about the dates for you guys coming, I think you can come earlier. We had a sister here and her family came the week before the transfer ended, I didn´t know you could do that. So if you guys came on the thursday or friday before then we could spend the weekend visiting my areas and then have my interview with president that monday and then that´s it! I´m not sure if you were still wanting to go to the temple in São Paulo or not. That would be cool, but if it doesn´t work out with the plans that´s ok.

Well, I better get going. I hope you all have a good week! I love and miss you guys and pray for you always!

Love, Sister Salisbury

No comments:

Post a Comment