Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, June 21, 2010

June 21, 2010

Oi!!!
Sounds like it´s a busy time right now for everybody! I still haven´t gotten the package yet, but we only get mail and packages on wednesday´s when we go to our district meetings. Well, the end of the transfer is coming up can you believe it?! This is my last week, I´m not sure if I´ll be transferred or not. We won´t know until Saturday night. I really want to stay here in Baturité at least one more transfer. I really love the people here. But I´ll go wherever the Lord needs me. The Branch is having a hard time right now. We had a meeting with the Branch President and the adults on sunday. President really needs help, the members are complaining about how things are disorganized, but they´re not willing to step in and help and that´s really frustrating. President França is so amazing though, he does so much for the Branch. He has a wife and two kids, a job, teaches seminary tuesday, wednesday and thursday nights(which he has to turn down some work because he´s having to teach seminary because no one else in the BRanch will), every single sunday he drives all over Baturité to pick everyone up for church. Him and his wife clean the church every saturday(the teenagers come sometime to help) but it´s really frustrating that members won´t help out. We´re going to have another meeting on sunday with the adults and try to figure something out.
Well, the language is coming slowly. This past week when we were teaching some people, they mentioned that my portuguese was getting better, so that´s a good sign :) Oh, guess what i made today?! Shortbread Carmel Cookies!!! They´re in the fridge right now, we´re gonna see how they turned out after this. I´m good on peanut butter right now, I´m saving my second one for my next transfer-trying to space it out haha
I´m glad my letters got there, I wasn´t sure what day Father´s Day was so I decided to send the letters soon. I´m glad Father´s Day was good :) I miss everyone lots!
It feels like I had to ask you something, but I can´t remember...oh well, let´s see I´m trying to think if anything really exciting happened this week. Oh! We baptized this family on saturday and they are so great! They´re already so strong in the gospel. It´s a couple and they have 3 kids. One was already baptized in an earlier transfer, the other two aren´t 8 yrs old yet, but the parents are so great, I love them! And the baptismal meeting was amazing. Me and my comp sang a special number and the wife was crying the whole time. The Spirit was strong. I love the feeling I get as I see the change in the peoples´ lives. Well I better go, I love you and hope all is well. Tell everyone hi for me :)
love,
ariana

p.s. i remember what i was gonna ask you. Can you make copies of that paper you have mom, of the addresses of people in the ward and send that to me. It´s the one on your desk in the kitchen and it´s in a clear protector thing. i think it´s just one with all the women´s names. THat would be really nice to have. Thanks! I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment