Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14, 2010

Ok, I don´t have a whole lot of time. But Hi everyone!!!! The weather is always nice here in Baturité :) Um I´m not quite sure how much the contact solution is, but I will check for sure and let you know. I really hope I get the other package, I miss peanut butter! We just finished the first peanut butter last week :( I got some pictures of it, I think you´ll like them. I sent letters to the family last week, so they´re on their way to you. I thought I wrote about my companion already, but I can´t remember. So my companion is Sister Gonzaga and she is Brasilian. She is from Parana. And yes she is hard worker so that´s good. She´s only been out 4 moths and already training me. My comp loved the cookies! She had never had them before and she was telling all the women in the branch about them. So they´re gonna have the recipe for No-Bake Cookies here in Baturité :) And I told President Batt about grandpa in my last letter, so next time i see him i will bring it up again. And yeah I can understand the people for the most part sometimes I look to my companion and ask what they just said, but I can pick things up and figure out what they said. The problem is actually "speaking" with them. I have a hard time just having a conversation with the people. I can teach just fine which is weird I just can´t "talk" with them. But I´m hoping that will come soon cuz i´m going on my 5th week already. And yes it´s winter or going into winter. I don´t know, i barely know what day it is here and i still haven´t figured out which way is north. It´s really hard to tell haha i know that´s really sad. We´re walking so much back and forth and here and there I forget which way the sun had come up that day. Anyways, this week was a little better than last. Last week was awful, we worked really hard and only 1 person showed up to church that we had been working with. So we decided to fast again this weekend and we had more people show up, so that was good. Oh, so I had a dream today when we were taking nap and i was getting transferred but we had to walk to our next area and i stopped at a hotel and i walked past a room and i heard mom´s voice and i go up to the window, and say "mom?" and you open the window and the whole family was here in brasil.It was so weird, but then i go in the room and we were home. Really weird haha well i gotta go, my time is up. I miss you all and love you!!! Sorry i didn´t get everything in your letter mom. But i love you!!! And i´ll write more next week. :)
love,
ariana
p.s. i felt like i had to ask you something but i can´t remember...hmm that´s gonna bug me now. I´ll probably remember once i log off. Oh well...love and miss you!!!!!

**oh and i saw some pics from jande and Rochelle´s site looks beautiful wish i could have been there!

No comments:

Post a Comment