Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4, 2011

Hey Everyone!!!

Did you guys LOVE conference?!?!? Well for those who "paid attention" haha i love the pics that chandler took! I absolutely loved conference and I got to watch it in english which was way nice! Last time I had to watch it in portuguese and I feel like you lose some of the stuff and the voices are different....but it was so good. We got to watch all 4 sessions! I don´t know which was my favorite, I liked so many of them. One of them that I really enjoyed was Elder Richard G. Scott, it was so neat!!! Loved it! And mom, those donuts looked so delicious! Sunday we had a baptism in between the sessions, it was so neat! It was a little stressful trying to get everything to go right and what not, but it all worked out good. The girl that was baptized is Alexsandra (Sandrinha), she´s 17 yrs old and she is the sweetest thing! She´s actually thinking about moving to the US with a friend. Oh something else, there´s a member here who is marrying an american in the spokane, wa temple in june i believe. I think the guy is from Coeur d´Alene, Idaho. Crazy huh?!
That´s awesome Kyal is going on a mission! And be sure to tell me when jacob and bryson get their calls!!! And brandon is already coming home?!??! HOly cow! I bet his family is REALLY excited!

THe language is great! And yeah I can pretty much say anything i want. Granted there are those times when I´ll get stuck on word, but for the most part it´s all good :) What a MIRACLE!!!!!! About a year ago I was praying that I would be able to speak the language. It´s amazing to be a part of this work and see so many blessings come from it! I love the church!!!! I was thinking during conference how anyone could just look at this church and not believe it´s the church of Christ. Just the organization of it alone is just INCREDIBLE!!!! All the general authorities, the choir, the members, the Spirit.....EVERYTHING!!!!! What a blessing it is to live in the world at such a time as this. It´s so amazing!

So really quick! I had a crazy dream last night that I want to tell you...

I was at the CTM with my current companion, Sister Bowden. The CTM was the connell high school. We were outside talking and I look out by the road and there was a line of telephone booths. I had just missed mothers day and i hadn´t been able to call home, but i see mom, dad, chandler, garrett and joseph each at a phone. You guys start to leave and i wanted to talk to you so bad but everyone was telling me i couldn´t. I was freaking out and i yell, "JOEY!!!!!!!!!!!" You guys don´t hear me so i yell again and joey turns around and tells that it´s me. He starts runnign at me but then dad grabs him and tells him he can´t see me. Then mom trys to come over to me with blaire wells but mom doesn´t talk to me, she leaves and blaire asks me if i want to get a ride home with her i tell her YES! and then i woke up...

it was really strange, and it just made me want to see you guys that much more, but it´s ok. I just want you all to know how much i love and appreciate every one of you! I have the BEST FAMILY anyone could ever ask for!!! I hope you all have an amazing week!!!! I love you!!!

Love, Sister Salisbury
Ps i wore my white summer dress yesterday to the baptism and it was super cute...i´ll send pics next week!!! :)
oh and transfers are this next week too...not sure what will happen....

No comments:

Post a Comment