Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, May 31, 2010

May 31, 2010

Oi!!how´s everyone doing? And mom not to get you worried, i´m way ahead of you. Haha my ankles are fine now, Last week i elevated them for a little bit one night and after that they´ve been fine. And yeah, the make-up all i wear is mascara and eyeliner. THe other stuff is sitting in my suitcase, but i´ll pull it out for zone conference haha That´s so exciting that whitney and marissa were baptized! Sounds like there was a huge turnout, that´s good. Oh and the pictures that you´re sending in the photo album, can you send a few of rochelle. I´ve shared her story many times when we teach about the plan of salvation and how families can be together for eternity. I can feel the spirit work through me so much whenever i share that experience. We were teaching this father and her daughter the other day adn we were teaching that lesson. I shared the story about rochelle and showed them our family picture. I started crying and testified that i know we can be a forever family. Adn afterwards the father said he felt something when i was telling my story adn knows that it´s true. So i thought that was really neat.Thanks for sending me brett´s email :) That´s interesting what the president said about the priesthood, maybe i´ll ask brett in my next letter ;) THat´s too bad about jennifer, i really hope she starts to get better. I´ll be fasting for her though!As for the computer, we come to a little internet place and we have to pay. It´s not much, and we use it for one hour. but during that hour we have to email our mission president about our week adn everything. So that takes some time. And guess what?! We got a washing machine!!!!!! We installed it today adn we got to use it. We were so excited cuz washing all our clothes by hand takes quite awhile. And we got new mattresses too. Our others were so worn out. You lay down and it´s like a trampoline. You sink in the middle haha but our others our nice, not too soft, but i can´t complain, we have things pretty good considering our area. Oh and i told you i was going to send pictures but my comp was doing that last week and she sat there for 13 minutes waiting for only one picture to load. So i think i´ll just put a ton on a disc and send it to you.K i have story for you, you all are gonna laugh. So the other night i was getting in the shower and i turn around and there´s a massive cockroach behind the door. How i didn´t see when i first came in the bathroom, i don´t know cuz it was huge. I ran out and told my companion to kill it, but she didn´t want to kill it either haha neither of us had the courage to do it. Haha and we wouldn´t go to sleep until this thing was dead. By the way, these things are so stinkin fast! So after deciding neither of us were going to kill it, we call our branch president to see if he´s busy. Lol he was at the church adn was just about to leave so he stopped by really quick adn killed it for us. Haha i might be a farm girl but i hate bugs, especially ones that are larger than my fingers. Wow, i took a picture of it, but it doesn´t do it justice.The beans and rice are so good! We ate at our branch pres. house yesterday after church and it was sooo good. It was rice, beans, this pork sausage stuff adn this crumb looking stuff. It almost looks liek corn meal, ahh i can´t remember the name of it, it starts with an F though Farinha or somethign like that. Oh and my comp made this amazing dessert the otehr night, oh my heavens. you haven´t lived until you try this, it´s a brasilian thing, it´s called bricadeira. Not sure if i spelled it right, but holy cow is it amazing. It´s this chocolate stuff and then she mixed it with cookies. Mmm im making myself hungry now haha. I´ll get the recipe from her and send it to you next week. I know it has sweet and condensed milk, sugar, butter, cocoa and im not sure what else. But it´s amazing trust me!Oh before i forget, karl and kathi eppich sent me cookies back when i was in the mtc in provo. And everytime i forget to ask you for their address, can i get that please so i can send them a thank you card. Wow, time goes by so fast adn i feel like i can´t get everything done.Well i gotta wrap this up. I hope everyone else is doing well adn school is goign good for the boys. Good luck with spring ball adn keep working hard! The hard work will pay off when you boys come out on your mission. I was just thinking that if i wasn´t used to doing a lot of work on the farm and staying busy, a mission would be a lot harder. So be grateful you boys that you know how to work. I am so grateful for this gospel and all the blessings we receive from it. I have seen the help ffrom the lord so many times already and am so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost. We always need to be receptive and listening for the spirit. Otherwise we´re goign to miss opportunities to share the gospel with otehrs or even a simple testimony. Always be worthy of the spirit and you will be blessed throughout your life. The church is true and i love it! I miss and love ALL of you so much!!!!! love,arianaps. can you maybe take some pictures of the farm and send them in that album also, thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment