Entered MTC March 17, 2010

Serving in the Fortaleza Brazil Mission



Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11, 2011

Hey!!!!!
Well, we had transfers today.....I got transferred. I´m opening an area where there used to be elders. IT was quite the adventure. FIrst off we had to wait for the other sisters to get to our house so we could go to the new area. They get there around 12:00pm. We had arranged with the elders to leave their keys with the neighbnors so we could get in. We get there and no one has the keys we ask two different neighbors and neither one of them had the keys. So i was calling all the elders in the mission office to try and get a hold of this elder that was responsible and it took forver because he didn´t have his phone on him. Finally, 2 hours later they get a hold of him and he said he had left the keys with the neighbor. We go back and ask again and they felt bad because the girl we had asked the first time hadn´t known they had the keys. We finally get insaide the house and......A PIG STY!!!!!!! Im sorry, but i have to say elders are disgusting!!!!!!! The walls are black from all the cob webs that have been up for probably years, the fridge is disgusting with food that´s been in there for who knows how long, the microwave had somethign blew up in there, and the bathroom......im going to town on that thing!!! And the bad thing is we have to have it all clean before my companion gets here tomorrow, im going to be training her!!! :) She´s from Cascavel, Parana-Brazil. I´m super excited! Right now im with sister black and sister regina silva, we´ll all live together. And wanna know something funny, our entire district has 8 sisters and 2 elders (our district leader and his comp) it´ll be really interesting!
Our new president is really good, he´s not president batt of course, but i think he´ll be good. I think a lot of things are going to change and he´s gonna have a lot more rules, but it won´t really matter cuz i´ll be gone in a few weeks. I still don´t know about my release date, every time i call they say that they´ll let me know. President already knows he just hasn´t given me an answer yet, but we´re having interviews this week so i´ll talk to him then. And for sure you will know next week! I think i´ll leave august 15th and get home the 16th.
That´s awesome that joseph rides a unicycle! I didn´t even know he was learning. I´m really torn about coming home. I´m super excited to get startd on new things again and what not, but i have so many people here that im going to miss so much! Last night i was talking with our neighbors and i just started to cry because i know i wno´t see them for a long time after i leave. They´re family to me! They´re going to see me off at the airport though so that will be neat :)
Well, hope all is well back at home...i can´t believe i´ll be home pretty soon! It´s gone by so fast. it´s incredible!!!! HAve a good week everybody, i love you all!!!
Love, sister ariana salisbury

No comments:

Post a Comment